Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rebirthing of 4720

From Dummy to DCC motor control.I wanted to have a 47class for my layout and I bought a Dummy 47, of a fellow modeller.Luckly I had bought a couple of sets of spare 44class bogies for a 43class project. I wanted a powered 47 so I removed the body off the 47 removed one bogie and inspected what had been removed from the bogie by Toms. On closer inspection the transverse gear was missing ,easy remove the pin and gear ease the side screws and flick the gear out of the 44 bogie and place them in the 47class bogie. Hunted up a motor and two drive shafts, reassemble ,got a decoder from my decoder box and soldered pickup wires from where they were unsoldered by Toms and soldered the decoder in, place loco on my program track and tested..All good,glued in the motor with silastic.Put the loco together and run on my layout.It was abit noisey so I let it run for an hour on a set of rollers.Works OK, now to remove body again and install lighting and weather heavily.

No comments:

Post a Comment